Why adopt indeed? After all, one can just hop into the car and drive down to the local petstore and buy a guinea pig! Well, before you rush ahead and do that, you may want to consider reading the following to see why adopting a guinea pig from Small Paws is the better option.
- Every year, hundreds of guinea pigs are purchased from pet stores, only to be disgarded a few months/years later due to people losing interest. Why keep supporting overbreeding, backyard breeders, and the sale of guinea pigs in petstores, when you can adopt one and give it a second chance at life?
- All of our guinea pigs undergo a thorough health check and mite treatment so you can be guarenteed that your new friend is 100% healthy. Not all petstores can guarentee that.
- We offer free ongoing support for all of our adopters.
- We have a policy whereby if you cannot continue caring for your guinea pigs any longer, then we will take the guinea pigs back into our care and find them a new loving home.
- You can be assured that your new guinea pigs are correctly sexed (no accidental litters!) and are already assigned in well-matched pairs (bar the odd single guinea pig).
- You will be helping reduce the number of homeless guinea pigs in Perth, and be opening a space for new guinea pigs to be rescued.
- Your adoption fee will go directly back into helping other less fortunate guinea pigs!